Saturday, December 4, 2010

Personalized Hostess Gift

I think a hostess gift that you can personalize always makes for a better gift.  I needed a little gift for our friends who invited us to cut down a Christmas tree on their property and I didn't want to bring the usual hostess gift such as a bottle of wine or tin of cookies.  I found this adorable little tin mitten at our local nursery and gift shop and I knew it would make for a great little gift.

I personalized it by hot glueing a little "L" on it in honour of their last name.  I had a bunch of these letters leftover from my "Peace" wreath I made on my last post. 

I then added some fresh pine, red dogwood branches and a bunch of silver glitter berries. 
I think for less than the cost of a bottle of wine, this gift is much more personable. I would keep this decoration out after the holidays by pulling out the red twig and berries and replacing them with some white twigs and blue accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com