Friday, December 3, 2010

Peace Wreath

I love all the colours of the Christmas season but for my entryway I wanted to enhance the area with some blues, silver and white...how peaceful!  I already had a wreath for the outside of my door but wanted one on the inside as well.  I started by taking an old grapevine wreath form and hot glueing different pine cones on to it.  I made them look snowy by liquid papering the edges.  I am all about doing things fast!  


I liked the natural look but wanted to jazz it up a little, so a trip to the dollar store (ofcourse) was needed.  I bought a package of wooden sparkly silver letters, 2 sparkly silver doves, a white berry garland, a package of silver snowflake ornaments and a gorgeous spool of blue and silver ribbon. Total spent for this wreath a whopping 6.00$!  While the boys ate breakfast this morning, I hot glued my new little trinkets and came up with this.  


There are lots of ways to hang a wreath like using 3M hooks but I just used an old gold wreath holder I had and covered it with ribbon.  

I love my little doves, they match my dollar store reindeer on my mantle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com