Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Nature Inspired Christmas Porch

I used an old wreath form from previous years as a base for this years front door wreath, I added fresh cedar and red dogwood branches I collected from the backyard.  I added some fake berries I had on hand and 3 little metal buckets for a little something unexpected.  I think it gives it some rustic charm.


I finally treated myself to some black urns which I am looking forward to decorating all year long. 


I filled an old shrub pot with soil and added an empty water bottle so that when the pot expands due to the cold it will compress on the bottle and not the pot.  I collected pine, dogwood branches and added 3-4 birch logs.  I tied some red ribbon to a few branches for some extra colour.


These urn fillers sell for $19.99 and up at garden centres and grocery stores...mine were FREE:)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Your urns are perfect and the wreath is so lovely. I bet they make you smile whenever you pull up to your home ;). Thanks so much for linking up and welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com