Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Book Count Down

The Christmas book count down starts tomorrow.  I cannot wait.  My 3 year old is really into reading books right now and I thought it would be fun to count down the days of December with a wrapped Christmas book each night before bed.  I already had a few books, my mother in law lent me a couple, my Mom found a few from our childhood and I got the rest at thrift stores and splurged on a few new ones.  I wrapped each book in reused tissue paper and monogrammed the days of the month with a stencil and black sharpie marker. 



I found an old tool box in the shed that would be perfect to house the books and perfect to paint with chalkboard paint so that I could change up the days of the month. I am hoping Santa leaves me a chalk marker in my stocking so that I can write better on my chalkboards:)


I think it looks great on the bottom of my entry table but unfortunately I think it will have to remain on my dresser in my room as I don't think the boys will be able to resist unwrapping them when we are not looking.  This was all in all a really fun project:)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! I don't have kids yet, but I would love to do this for them one day.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Veronica in CA
    veronicacts at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Or if you prefer e-mail, send your comments/questions to northernnest@hotmail.com